In Windows I used to have a whole application suite for extracting peak audio files and creating srt subtitles for — for example — YouTube video’s. What does Mac OS X have to offer?
Entry point: http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html
The list of applications I’m researching:
- D-Subtitler | DVD subtitle extractor
- Subler | MP4 muxer
- Submerge | Subtitle muxer (not creator)
- Subsfactory | subtitle creator (but no waveform extraction / analysis)
- SubFix | resyncing srt files to audio track
- SubSynX | srt editor (not creator)
- SubClear | subtitle conversion
- Aegisub | YES! … everything you ever want and works on every OS!